Enjoy the pure African light and the music of silence as you drift gently over the fantastic desert landscape with views of secluded berber villages and the snow-capped Atlas Mountains on this magical balloon flight.
- Shared hot air balloon flight in front of the Atlas Mountains
- Round trip transfers from Marrakech hotels and riads by 4 x 4 vehicle
- Croissants and coffee while the balloon is inflated
- A full traditional breakfast in a Berber tent with views across the High Atlas Mountains
- Camel ride in the Palmeraie of Marrakech
- Services of an experienced, qualified pilot (accredited with the Moroccan and European Civil Aviation Authority.)
- Ground support crew
- 4 x 4 excursion through the local berber villages
- Souvenir flight certificate
In order to take advantage of the best part of the day, you will be collected from your Marrakech hotel or Riad in the early morning, just before sunset (usually between 5.30 and 6.30am) and driven to the launch site about 30 kilometres to the west of Marrakech.
The balloon is prepared and inflated (you may take part if you wish!) and then you gently float into the early morning sky. The pilot will then use his local knowledge of the area and prevailing wind currents to steer an approximate one hour course over the stunning desert landscape. As your gondola rises slowly and majestically towards the heavens, the unfolding views run for miles and miles framed by the awesome Western High Atlas Mountains to the South. See oases and secluded Berber villages, the terraced irrigated fields of the Oueds Tinsift and Nfis of the Al Hawuz Plain.
Once you are back on the ground, enjoy a traditional breakfast in a tent in the front of the Atlas Mountains including a glass or two of mint tea, some Moroccan pastries or fresh bread dipped in Olive Oil. After breakfast, your adventure continues as you head to the famous Palmeraie of Marrakech for a short camel ride. La Palmeraie is a true oasis with a hundred thousand trees providing shade from the hot African sun and a camel ride is a great way to experience the natural beauty of the area.